ITaCS ARE SPECIALISTS IN SOUTHERN AFRICAN EXPORTS AND IMPORTS
Leon Marais and Gary Robertson are both accredited facilitators and assessors. They met in 2010 and since then they have been working together. Projects included the delivery of training under a South African cross-border International Trade and Customs flagship Project which was funded by the South African Association of Freight Forwarders (SAAFF) and the Transport Education and Training Authority (TETA).
Leon Marais is a Customs /Global Trade Specialist. He started his career in Customs and Excise in Cape Town on 1 February 1983. He has 13 years experience with SARS Customs, gaining vast experience in the following areas:-
- Excise Duty collection
- Checking of Customs Clearance declarations
- Customs Audits
- Customs Refunds
- Researching and Identifying Customs
- Tariff determinations
- Customs Tariff amendments in the Southern African Customs Union (SACU) comprising Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia, South Africa and Swaziland.
- In 1994 was Leon Marais was promoted the office of Assistant Director: Customs Tariff Amendments at the Head Office of the South African Customs Administration. This office is responsible for implementing all the updates to the Harmonized System South African Customs Union (SACU) Tariff
- Leon is currently consulting to leading Service Providers, focusing on imports and exports and Importers and Exporters. He also conducts customs audits.
Leon Marais client base includes the Industry Sectors
- Blue Chip Corporate clients
- National Department of Trade and Industry
- Small Enterprise Development Agency ( SIDA) – Ministry of Small Business
- Developers of Global Trade Solutions ( Developers of electronic Solutions for Importers and Exporters and the International Shipping Community)
Publications and Products
- Leon Marais is the author of the weekly “Jacobsen’s Customs news bulletins “
- He is also the author of “Jacobson’s Guide to Tariff Classification’s”
- Leon Marais develops and presents on an on-going basis, various training modules on “Customs and International Trade” which include the following modules:-
Customs and Excise Valuation and Duties
Import and Export Procedures and Documentation
Recovery Claims on behalf of Importers and Exporters
Leon Marais is also the author/blogger of “The Law 24 Blog” called the “Customs Corner”.
Contact Leon Marais at email@example.com
Gary has vast experience in the following areas:-
- Dangerous Goods via air and sea, including classification, packing, marking, labelling and documentation
- Training and education relative to Freight Forwarding and Customs
Freight rates and routings
- Sea freight and air freight, exports and imports
- Auditing of invoices and costings
- Current Position
Gary Robertson has been in Freight Forwarding, Customs Compliance, Logistics and Supply Chain for the last 42 years in South Africa, and is also a TETA accredited assessor and moderator. Gary is now situated in Florida, USA and is ideally placed to assist with establishing supply chains between the USA and South Africa including trade enquiries and transport compliance.
Gary can be contacted via email firstname.lastname@example.org or USA (1) 386 846 7209